On May 10th Daniel had his very first "friend" birthday party. Around our house, the kids get a party with friends on their 5th, 8th, 12th and 16th birthdays. I asked Daniel what theme he wanted for his birthday party, and after some "Spongebob" and "Construction" comments he finally decided on a Lego party.
We invited 5 kids (only 1 was unable to come) and Daniel's siblings were there, too, of course. We had pulled out our huge tub of Legos for the kids to play with while we waited for everyone to arrive. Then we played a few Lego themed games. The first was a pin-the-tail-on-the-donkey type game I called "Place the Lego person on top of the Lego Pyramid." Then we played a game to see who could build the tallest Lego tower.
Then it was time for the cake. Daniel blew out the candles and then opened his presents while I dished up the cake and ice cream. He, of course, did get Legos from some of his friends.After the goodies had been devoured, we opened the bubbles machine we gave Daniel and the party moved out on our deck. While we waited for parents to arrive, the kids danced through piles of bubbles. It's a good thing that it wasn't raining at the time!

3 comments:
I'm glad Daniel had a great time for his birthday. If he doesn't get a haircut soon we'll have to start calling him Danielle.
That sounds like a great party. The cake looks great!
Looks like fun!
Happy Birthday!
Cute kids!
I'm glad Daniel had a great time for his birthday. If he doesn't get a haircut soon we'll have to start calling him Danielle.
That sounds like a great party. The cake looks great!
Looks like fun!
Happy Birthday!
Cute kids!
Post a Comment