RSS
We're living, loving and learning in the Utah Desert.

And...Cut!

I've been waiting years for the inevitable Cutting of the Hair episode that each family seems to go through during the children's toddler/preschool years. So far my kids have not even touched the scissors unless it was to cut paper. Maybe they figured since their grandfather was a hairdresser, all the hair cutting was taken care of.

Well, that all changed yesterday.

I came upstairs yesterday afternoon to find a trail of hair from the bathroom to the kitchen. Then I encountered Elizabeth and her then-long-now-short hairstyle. "Daniel did it!" she happily remarked when I asked her about her hair. I could tell she didn't do it herself because it was mostly the back that had been cut (not the places she could reach herself). Fortnately for me, Daniel seems to have a bit of his grandfather in him. He did a fairly good job of cutting her hair (no large chunk at the skull or anything for him--it was mostly a straight line at about shoulder length). Thank goodness for that. I cleaned it up the best I could--remember, I'm not the hairdresser in the family so it isn't the best haircut she's ever had--and now our long-haired princess is a short-haired Lucy Pevensie from Chronicles of Narnia (at least, that's what I told her once she realized her long locks were long gone).

What precipitated this hair-cutting episode? I blame their father. This weekend he decided to give the boys military-style shaves. So Daniel, fresh from his own haircut session, decided it would be fun to pass it on to others.

At least he didn't try it out on Grace.

3 comments:

Rachel said...

Awww, how cute! Not too bad of a haircut either.
-Rachel

The Girls' Mom said...

I think it is really cute on her. Thank goodness it wasn't worse!

The Prices said...

We need pics of the boys' haircuts too!

Rachel said...

Awww, how cute! Not too bad of a haircut either.
-Rachel

The Girls' Mom said...

I think it is really cute on her. Thank goodness it wasn't worse!

The Prices said...

We need pics of the boys' haircuts too!