RSS
We're living, loving and learning in the Utah Desert.

The Kissing Contest

I am often amazed at the different personalities in families. In my family, for example, we have The Bull (Daniel) who is stubborn and not easily swayed from his convictions, not to mention his predisposition to use his head as a battering ram. We also have The Dancer (Elizabeth), who spends her days flitting from room to room and changes into every dress she owns within a two hour period. There is also The Mover (Ammon) who likes to jump, run, spin and shout and who thinks "be quiet" means to yell a little less loudly. And of course, we have The Sleeper (Grace) who spends most of the day trying to get in a good nap.

Well this week I have noticed that Ben must be The Kisser in our family. And poor Grace is the recipient of this unabashed affection. How do I know? I held a kissing contest. Today I watched from a distance to see how often each child kissed the baby. And at the end of the day, each child had planted at least one on the poor dear. But the official tally sits at this:

Ammon-1 kiss
Benjamin-23 kisses
Daniel-1 kiss
Elizabeth-2 kisses

Yep. Ben is The Kisser. [Sigh] I hope this doesn't carry over into his dating years.

3 comments:

The Prices said...

whoa!! You are going to have your hands full with him when he is a teenager!!

Karen Marzo said...

I hate to tell you this Elissa... he's just practicing!
km

Rachel said...

Hi Elissa! This is great that you're doing a blog. I love this post. Have you heard of the Five Love Languages? It's a great book (and there's a website) so it sounds like Ben's love language is physical touch. How adorable! -Rachel Woods

The Prices said...

whoa!! You are going to have your hands full with him when he is a teenager!!

Karen Marzo said...

I hate to tell you this Elissa... he's just practicing!
km

Rachel said...

Hi Elissa! This is great that you're doing a blog. I love this post. Have you heard of the Five Love Languages? It's a great book (and there's a website) so it sounds like Ben's love language is physical touch. How adorable! -Rachel Woods